Category Archives: Travel
When you’re traveling with a group; celebrating a family reunion, wedding, or other special event; or just want to live it up on vacation, make your Indian Wells hotel stay extra special by reserving a suite or villa at one of our four luxurious resorts.
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa offers 35 suites and 43 exquisite one- and two-bedroom villas. Situated along the resort’s lush gardens and Indian Wells Golf Resort fairways, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells villas range in size from 1,350 to 1,900 square feet of indoor living space. Villa amenities include contemporary décor with upscale furnishings and art, flat panel TVs, surround-sound, soaking tubs, indoor fireplace, private courtyard and garden, whirlpool spa or gas fire pit, and your own personal butler!
TV legends Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz built the historic Indian Wells Resort Hotel in a prime location overlooking the Indian Wells Country Club and scenic Santa Rosa Mountains. This intimate boutique-style hotel boasts modern conveniences, yet still retains its Old Hollywood ambiance. At 4,500 square feet, the resort’s Presidential Suite is one of the largest in the Palm Springs area. The suite features a private entryway, full kitchen, marble bar, fireplace, four bedrooms, five luxury baths, and a spacious living room area perfect for entertaining.
Renowned for its romantic Mediterranean-inspired setting and award-winning THE WELL Spa, Miramonte Resort & Spa accommodations include four exclusive villa suites and a one-bedroom Presidential Suite. This 1,078-square-foot sanctuary encompasses a sizable living room, dining area for eight, guest powder room, wet bar, Bose audio system, library, elevated Jacuzzi tub, and a private balcony to take in breathtaking mountain views.
A 560-room Marriott property, the grand Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, offers a wide variety of beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. At nearly 3,000 square feet, the Presidential Suite is the largest featuring a large master bedroom, living room with cathedral ceilings, private dining room for eight, library with entertainment center and wood burning fireplace, as well as a butler’s pantry with private service entrance. Deluxe suite accommodations also include the two-story Governor’s Suite, Conference Suite, and Ambassador Suite.
Tags: california, Entertainment, family vacation, Food, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells dining, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, indian wells restaurants, indian wells spa, Miramonte Resort, Renaissance, Renaissance Esmeralda, Travel, travel tips
Posted in Travel, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment.
Nothing spells relaxation and romance more than a couples’ spa treatment. In the Southern California desert, you’ll experience some of the most bliss-inducing couples’ healing rituals at three legendary and luxurious Indian Wells resort spas.
Rated one of the Top 100 Resort Spas in North American and the Caribbean by Conde Nast Traveler readers, Miramonte Resort and Spa’s Tuscan-inspired The WELL Spa gets our vote for the most ‘creative’ couples spa experience – the Pittura Festa! Book this whimsical, therapeutic painting party, which involves applying a colorful palette of muds and clays on your skins. The vibrantly colored pigments each contain a variety of enriching ingredients. Four private poolside cabanas, each with private patios, are also ideal settings for the Couples’ Massage and Couples’ Therapy treatments.
Experience a euphoric, two-hour wellness journey together within the quiet sanctuary of Agua Serena Spa at the renowned Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa. Unwind in a private outdoor suite, complete with a treatment area and well-appointed space for side-by-side relaxation. Or indulge in the Desert Healing Duet featuring two 60-minute specialty massages, two 90-minutes Cactus and Date Scrubs, and a side-by-side “Honor the Feet” gesture.
Customize your special couples’ massage experience within the rejuvenating setting of Spa Esmeralda at the upscale Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa. Choose from any two massage treatments (with the exception of stone massage) and enjoy them a deux in a private spa suite or lush, private garden.
Tags: california, couples spa, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, indian wells spa, Miramonte Resort, palm springs spa resorts, Renaissance Esmeralda, spa retreats, Travel, travel tips
Posted in Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Ask an Indian Wells resident about “surviving” the summer heat in the desert. The answer may surprise you. Many locals actually look forward to the summer season’s laidback vibe where lunch and dinner reservations are a thing of the past (at least until September); plus, off-season dining specials abound at Indian Wells restaurants and resorts. And there are great deals to be had on plenty of leisure activities — including golf, spa treatments, and area attractions. You’ll find desert dwellers out and about on endlessly beautiful and balmy mornings and evenings. At midday when temps are the highest, they work or relax in air-conditioned comfort, lunch on misted terraces, or take a refreshing dip in a pool.
Visitors planning an Indian Wells summer getaway will find some of the hottest hotel rates and coolest pools right now. Named “Best Mountain View Pool” by C Magazine, the Miramonte Resort & Spa features two swimming pools, complete with private cabanas, daybeds, and poolside service and refreshments.
Amenities at the family-friendly Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa include the resort’s oversized pool with its famous sandy beach entrance.
Guests at the 45-acre Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa have access to seven unique swimming pools. The Children’s Pool features a 60-foot spiral water slide and toddler-size wading pool. Situated in its own secluded area the adults-only Oasis Pool offers a serpentine lap pool, private cabanas and private Oasis Pool Bar service.
The historic, intimate Indian Wells Resort Hotel features the Palm Terrace Poolside Bar and scenic deck with pool and whirlpool spa that overlooks the picturesque Indian Wells Country Club golf courses.
Don’t wait – book your Indian Wellssummer vacation today and chill out this summer one of the most luxurious vacation destinations in Southern California!
Tags: california, Entertainment, family vacation, Fitness, Food, Golf, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells dining, indian wells golf, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, indian wells restaurants, indian wells spa, Renaissance, Renaissance Esmeralda, southern california golf resorts, southern california spa resort, Travel, wellness
Posted in Dining, Entertainment, Golf, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
TOP 10 FAMILY-FRIENDLY SUMMER ACTIVITIES IN INDIAN WELLS, CALIFORNIA
Hoping to take your family on a fantastic summer vacation without making a huge dent in your wallet? With Indian Wells hotel rates start as low as $52 per night midweek (Indian Wells Resort Hotel), plus fantastic deals on golf, dining, spa services and area attractions, you and your family can experience an affordable and outstanding summer getaway at a luxury Indian Wells resort. Balance quality family time by the pool with a desert adventure or two – there’s plenty to do to keep all ages entertained! Below some of our top picks for Indian Wells family-friendly fun and adventure:
- Meet more than 450 desert animals and have lunch in an “African Village at the one-and-only Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Garden. (Check out the Miramonte Resort & Spa’s Living Desert Family Escape Package and the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa’s The Living Desert Discovery Package.)
- Experience the ultimate in family fun at Wet ‘n’ Wild Palm Springs, the desert’s premier waterpark adventure complete with slide and raft rides, lazy river, interactive family funhouse, and wave pool. (The Miramonte’s Wet ‘n’ Wild Package includes four tickets to the waterpark.)
- Bring the young ones to Children’s Discovery Museum in nearby Rancho Mirage to participate in the many hands-on activities.
- Take family golf lessons at the championship Indian Wells Golf Resort, located only steps away from the four Indian Wells resorts. The Hyatt Regency Indian Wells has many summer packages including Stay & Play Unlimited Golf.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa where Camp Hyatt and Camp Oasis will keep your children entertained for hours.
- Experience the thrill of a lifetime aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, where the world’s largest rotating tramcars transport you to acres of mountain wilderness. (Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa Tram Discovery Package.)
- Take advantage of your resort’s complimentary bike rentals and go for a morning ride on one of Indian Wells’ scenic bike trails.
- Embark on a thrilling sightseeing tour to experience the wonders of the San Andreas Fault and Joshua Tree National Park. See your hotel concierge for details.
- Teach your kids how to play tennis at the renowned Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home of the annual BNP Paribas Open.
- Have a ball with the Pizza Package at Fantasy Springs Bowling Center at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio (a 10-15 minute drive from Indian Wells). The $69 Pizza Package includes two hours of bowling, shoe rental, two medium pizzas, and one pitcher of soda.
Visit www.indianwells.com to plan and book a summer vacation experience the entire family will never forget!
Tags: california, Camp Hyatt, Camp Oasis, family vacation, family-friendly summer activities, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, indian wells spa, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Joshua Tree, Joshua Tree National park, kids traveling, living desert zoo, miramonte, Miramonte Resort & Spa, Palm Springs Aerial tramway, Renaissance, Renaissance Esmeralda, San Andres Fault, Travel
Posted in Entertainment, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Looking for an affordable family vacation idea? The Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa in Indian Wells continues its 25th anniversary celebration all summer long with exciting travel packages and value packed promotions.
Check out the family-friendly Tram Package, which includes:
- Breakfast for four daily (two adults and two children)
- Four Palm Springs Aerial Tramway tickets (two adults and two children) per room, per stay
- Family in-room welcome amenity
Tram Package summer pricing begins at $169 per night weekdays and $229 per night weekends.
The Living Desert Package features an awesome adventure at a top Indian Wells attraction, considered one of America’s top zoos and conservation parks.
- Breakfast for four daily (two adults and two children)
- Four Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Garden tickets per room, per stay
- Family in-room welcome amenity
Living Desert Package summer pricing begins at $149 per night weekdays and $199 per night weekends.
Outstanding family travel amenities at this top Indian Wells hotel property include:
- A beautiful and enormous sandy beach pool
- Tennis and golf programs
- Kid-friendly dining venues
- Camp Oasis, a children’s program available to children ages 5-12
- Bike rentals and more
Don’t miss out on the Renaissance Esmeralda’s exciting anniversary contests like treasure hunts and surprise giveaways. Also be sure to visit www.facebook.com/renaissanceesmeralda for incredible Facebook flash sales offering $25 guest room rates.
Reservations for Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa summer travel packages can be made by calling (800) 321-1508 or visiting www.marriott.com/pspsr and using promo code ES2. Note that both packages require a two-night stay.
Tags: california, Entertainment, family vacation, Indian Wells, indian wells restaurants, Renaissance, Renaissance Esmeralda, Travel
Posted in Entertainment, Events, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Sure, the summer months can get a little toasty in Indian Wells, much like other resort destinations in the desert Southwest. (Personally, I’ll take three months of summer heat over the long, frigid winters up north.) It’s also a well-known fact among Coachella Valley residents that when temperatures climb up, prices go down, resulting in amazing rates at Indian Wells resorts, spas and restaurants.
The upscale Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa has a bevy of specials for locals yearning a vacation this summer without the hassle of air or freeway travel. Hyatt Regency Indian Wells nightly rates are as low as $89 midweek (Sunday-Thursday) and only $119 per night for weekend end stays. These discounted rates are valid June 1-August 27 and with a Coachella Valley drive’s license. To book, call (760) 341-1000 and request offer code LOCL.
Get social after work and head over to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells’ Agave Sunset bar for happy hour. Cool off in the sophisticated setting of this popular lounge with a refreshing Moscow mule priced at only $8. Across the lobby, locals who purchase any two entrees will receive a complimentary dessert in the resort’s outstanding Lantana restaurant Sunday-Thursday.
When you’re in need of top-notch pampering and tranquility, indulge in a day at the luxurious Agua Serena Spa. A $20 day pass will give you access to the spa Monday-Friday. Indulge in a spa treatment and you can while away the rest of the day lounging by the Oasis adult pool. For the ultimate treat, rent a private pool cabana, available to locals this summer at 50% off the regular price.
Additional Monday-Friday Agua Serena Spa specials for are residents include:
- Express manicure/pedicure – $79
- Spa manicure/pedicure – $120
- 30-minute manicure – $40
- 45-minute pedicure – $60
- 45-minute gel manicure – $60
- 50% waxing services with the purchase of any spa treatment
Rates and specials are valid through August 27, 2014. Bring proof of local residency; an I.D. card with your local address is preferred. For complete details and reservations, call (760) 674-4100.
- Jan Maguire
Tags: Agave sunset bar, Agua Serena Spa, california, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells spa, Lantana, palm springs spa resorts, southern california spa resort, wellness
Posted in Dining, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
It’s an “insider’s” secret that summer is actually the best time of year to vacation in Indian Wells. Indian Wells hotels and resorts offer amazing packages and room rates whether you want to getaway solo, with family or friends. Discounts abound for dining, golf, spa treatments and more. You’ll find shorter lines at attractions and you rarely need a reservation for dinner. Plus, there are plenty of ways to beat the heat! There are so many reasons to visit Indian Wells year-round, but here’s our Top 5 for summer!
- Pay summer rate greens fee to play a round or two on the championship courses at the Indian Wells Golf Resort , and then enjoy casual après-golf beverages, dining and spectacular views in the Golf Resort’s VUE Grille & Bar. Book a stay and play package at one of Indian Wells’ four sensational hotels. In fact, why not start an annual Indian Wells guy’s golf getaway tradition this summer?
- Pamper yourself with a spa getaway at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, Miramonte Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa. All luxury spas at these properties offer fantastic specials on spa treatments and skin services throughout the summer. For example, check out the Girlfriend Getaway package from the Agua Serena Spa at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells.
- Discover the wonders of The Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Garden, the desert’s one-of-a-kind attraction sure to delight visitors of all ages. The Living Desert is open every day this summer from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Consider booking the Miramonte’s Living Desert Family Escape package that includes admission to the park.
- Play a game of tennis in the footsteps of Nadal and Federer at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home of the BNP Paribas Open. Tennis Club court fees this summer are only $10 per person, per day for non-members.
- Make Indian Wells your luxury basecamp for a visit to Palm Springs International ShortFest, Joshua Tree National Park, The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, and the 2014 Idyllwild Jazz in the Pines festival. Our premier Southern California resort destination is conveniently located an hour’s drive or less from these world-renowned attractions.
Visit and be sure to bookmark www.indianwells.com for the latest information on 2014 summer tourism deals in Indian Wells, California!
Tags: BNP Paribas Open, california, Entertainment, family vacation, Food, Golf, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells dining, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, indian wells restaurants, indian wells spa, Joshua Tree, kids traveling, Miramonte Resort, Renaissance Esmeralda, Shortfest, Tramway, Travel, travel tips
Posted in Events, Golf, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Begin a new chapter of your love story with an unforgettable honeymoon getaway at the most secluded oasis retreats in Palm Desert. Unwind after a busy period of wedding planning in one of the 1,438 accommodations offered at our four Indian Wells resorts:
This “oasis within an oasis” offers plush accommodations from standard guestrooms to penthouse suite and villas along picturesque courtyards, sparkling fountains and a bridged waterway.
Built by Hollywood legends Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, this “Gem of the Desert” features exquisite amenities including a complimentary continental breakfast buffet.
This Mediterranean-inspired resort boasts 215 guestrooms, suites, and bougainvillea-covered villas and is the home of our award-winning spa, the WELL.
Named one of Travel & Leisure’s “Best Hotels of the World”, this Indian Wells resort sports one of the best pools in Palm Desert, equipped with a sandy beach area, a waterfall and multi-colored pool lights.
From any of these locations, enjoy easy access to 36 holes of championship golf, 29 tennis courts and 11 sparkling pools. We guarantee that you and your special someone will be thoroughly entertained when you find the chance to leave the comfort of your signature “desert dream bed”.
Live the life of a King and Queen with some of the finest dining and shopping offered in Palm Springs and treat yourselves to pure bliss at one of our three world-class spas:
Tags: california, California Honeymoon, desert oasis honeymoon, honeymoon retreat, honeymoons, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf resort, indian wells honeymoon, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Indian Wells weddings, Miramonte Resort & Spa, plan honeymoons, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort, southern california honeymoons, wedding season, weddings
Posted in Golf, Spa & Wellness, Tennis, Travel, Weddings | Leave a Comment.
Before you know it, wedding season will be here with its tiered cakes and tales of romance. Have you considered the desert oasis of Indian Wells as your Southern California wedding destination? A great alternative to Palm Springs weddings, Indian Wells offers enchanting mountain vistas, an endless canopy of stars and four distinctive resorts to choose from.
Whether you are planning an intimate or grand ceremony, Indian Wells boasts unique spaces of every style and size to host your most cherished occasion. Our luxurious resorts, spas, restaurants and golf courses also create the ideal destination for your honeymoon.
Hold an intimate reception or a larger-than-life event on scenic lawns, or in one of the resort’s gorgeous banquet rooms at Hyatt Regency Indian wells Resort & Spa, the most stunning choice among Palm Springs wedding venues.
Plan weddings and ceremonies in a spectacular indoor banquet room, outdoor gathering space, or in the renowned Loren restaurant with the help of creative onsite event planners.
Among bright bougainvillea, olive groves and Italian fountains, your wedding will hold classic Mediterranean-style elegance against the backdrop of desert beauty. This Indian Wells wedding location features two-story Mediterranean-style buildings with generous terraces that overlook lush gardens and sparkling pools.
Considered one of Southern California’s most romantic locations, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort features outdoor wedding locations in the Rose Garden and Garden Lawn surrounded by picturesque mountain vistas.
Pair the ultimate dining experience with the ultimate wedding experience at Indian Wells Golf Resort, home to VUE Grille & Bar. Sleek venues offer panoramic views of mountains, towering palm trees, and a colorful flowering landscape. Our talented culinary team will be pleased to offer creative selections customized to your expectations.
Learn more about planning weddings at Indian Wells.
Tags: california, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf resort, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Indian Wells weddings, Miramonte Resort & Spa, plan weddings, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort, southern california weddings, wedding season, weddings
Posted in Events, Travel, Weddings | Leave a Comment.