Category Archives: Travel
Sure, the summer months can get a little toasty in Indian Wells, much like other resort destinations in the desert Southwest. (Personally, I’ll take three months of summer heat over the long, frigid winters up north.) It’s also a well-known fact among Coachella Valley residents that when temperatures climb up, prices go down, resulting in amazing rates at Indian Wells resorts, spas and restaurants.
The upscale Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa has a bevy of specials for locals yearning a vacation this summer without the hassle of air or freeway travel. Hyatt Regency Indian Wells nightly rates are as low as $89 midweek (Sunday-Thursday) and only $119 per night for weekend end stays. These discounted rates are valid June 1-August 27 and with a Coachella Valley drive’s license. To book, call (760) 341-1000 and request offer code LOCL.
Get social after work and head over to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells’ Agave Sunset bar for happy hour. Cool off in the sophisticated setting of this popular lounge with a refreshing Moscow mule priced at only $8. Across the lobby, locals who purchase any two entrees will receive a complimentary dessert in the resort’s outstanding Lantana restaurant Sunday-Thursday.
When you’re in need of top-notch pampering and tranquility, indulge in a day at the luxurious Agua Serena Spa. A $20 day pass will give you access to the spa Monday-Friday. Indulge in a spa treatment and you can while away the rest of the day lounging by the Oasis adult pool. For the ultimate treat, rent a private pool cabana, available to locals this summer at 50% off the regular price.
Additional Monday-Friday Agua Serena Spa specials for are residents include:
- Express manicure/pedicure – $79
- Spa manicure/pedicure – $120
- 30-minute manicure – $40
- 45-minute pedicure – $60
- 45-minute gel manicure – $60
- 50% waxing services with the purchase of any spa treatment
Rates and specials are valid through August 27, 2014. Bring proof of local residency; an I.D. card with your local address is preferred. For complete details and reservations, call (760) 674-4100.
- Jan Maguire
Tags: Agave sunset bar, Agua Serena Spa, california, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells spa, Lantana, palm springs spa resorts, southern california spa resort, wellness
Posted in Dining, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
It’s an “insider’s” secret that summer is actually the best time of year to vacation in Indian Wells. Indian Wells hotels and resorts offer amazing packages and room rates whether you want to getaway solo, with family or friends. Discounts abound for dining, golf, spa treatments and more. You’ll find shorter lines at attractions and you rarely need a reservation for dinner. Plus, there are plenty of ways to beat the heat! There are so many reasons to visit Indian Wells year-round, but here’s our Top 5 for summer!
- Pay summer rate greens fee to play a round or two on the championship courses at the Indian Wells Golf Resort , and then enjoy casual après-golf beverages, dining and spectacular views in the Golf Resort’s VUE Grille & Bar. Book a stay and play package at one of Indian Wells’ four sensational hotels. In fact, why not start an annual Indian Wells guy’s golf getaway tradition this summer?
- Pamper yourself with a spa getaway at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, Miramonte Resort & Spa or Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa. All luxury spas at these properties offer fantastic specials on spa treatments and skin services throughout the summer. For example, check out the Girlfriend Getaway package from the Agua Serena Spa at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells.
- Discover the wonders of The Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Garden, the desert’s one-of-a-kind attraction sure to delight visitors of all ages. The Living Desert is open every day this summer from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Consider booking the Miramonte’s Living Desert Family Escape package that includes admission to the park.
- Play a game of tennis in the footsteps of Nadal and Federer at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home of the BNP Paribas Open. Tennis Club court fees this summer are only $10 per person, per day for non-members.
- Make Indian Wells your luxury basecamp for a visit to Palm Springs International ShortFest, Joshua Tree National Park, The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, and the 2014 Idyllwild Jazz in the Pines festival. Our premier Southern California resort destination is conveniently located an hour’s drive or less from these world-renowned attractions.
Visit and be sure to bookmark www.indianwells.com for the latest information on 2014 summer tourism deals in Indian Wells, California!
Tags: BNP Paribas Open, california, Entertainment, family vacation, Food, Golf, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells dining, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, indian wells restaurants, indian wells spa, Joshua Tree, kids traveling, Miramonte Resort, Renaissance Esmeralda, Shortfest, Tramway, Travel, travel tips
Posted in Events, Golf, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Begin a new chapter of your love story with an unforgettable honeymoon getaway at the most secluded oasis retreats in Palm Desert. Unwind after a busy period of wedding planning in one of the 1,438 accommodations offered at our four Indian Wells resorts:
This “oasis within an oasis” offers plush accommodations from standard guestrooms to penthouse suite and villas along picturesque courtyards, sparkling fountains and a bridged waterway.
Built by Hollywood legends Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, this “Gem of the Desert” features exquisite amenities including a complimentary continental breakfast buffet.
This Mediterranean-inspired resort boasts 215 guestrooms, suites, and bougainvillea-covered villas and is the home of our award-winning spa, the WELL.
Named one of Travel & Leisure’s “Best Hotels of the World”, this Indian Wells resort sports one of the best pools in Palm Desert, equipped with a sandy beach area, a waterfall and multi-colored pool lights.
From any of these locations, enjoy easy access to 36 holes of championship golf, 29 tennis courts and 11 sparkling pools. We guarantee that you and your special someone will be thoroughly entertained when you find the chance to leave the comfort of your signature “desert dream bed”.
Live the life of a King and Queen with some of the finest dining and shopping offered in Palm Springs and treat yourselves to pure bliss at one of our three world-class spas:
Tags: california, California Honeymoon, desert oasis honeymoon, honeymoon retreat, honeymoons, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf resort, indian wells honeymoon, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Indian Wells weddings, Miramonte Resort & Spa, plan honeymoons, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort, southern california honeymoons, wedding season, weddings
Posted in Golf, Spa & Wellness, Tennis, Travel, Weddings | Leave a Comment.
Before you know it, wedding season will be here with its tiered cakes and tales of romance. Have you considered the desert oasis of Indian Wells as your Southern California wedding destination? A great alternative to Palm Springs weddings, Indian Wells offers enchanting mountain vistas, an endless canopy of stars and four distinctive resorts to choose from.
Whether you are planning an intimate or grand ceremony, Indian Wells boasts unique spaces of every style and size to host your most cherished occasion. Our luxurious resorts, spas, restaurants and golf courses also create the ideal destination for your honeymoon.
Hold an intimate reception or a larger-than-life event on scenic lawns, or in one of the resort’s gorgeous banquet rooms at Hyatt Regency Indian wells Resort & Spa, the most stunning choice among Palm Springs wedding venues.
Plan weddings and ceremonies in a spectacular indoor banquet room, outdoor gathering space, or in the renowned Loren restaurant with the help of creative onsite event planners.
Among bright bougainvillea, olive groves and Italian fountains, your wedding will hold classic Mediterranean-style elegance against the backdrop of desert beauty. This Indian Wells wedding location features two-story Mediterranean-style buildings with generous terraces that overlook lush gardens and sparkling pools.
Considered one of Southern California’s most romantic locations, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort features outdoor wedding locations in the Rose Garden and Garden Lawn surrounded by picturesque mountain vistas.
Pair the ultimate dining experience with the ultimate wedding experience at Indian Wells Golf Resort, home to VUE Grille & Bar. Sleek venues offer panoramic views of mountains, towering palm trees, and a colorful flowering landscape. Our talented culinary team will be pleased to offer creative selections customized to your expectations.
Learn more about planning weddings at Indian Wells.
Tags: california, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf resort, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Indian Wells weddings, Miramonte Resort & Spa, plan weddings, Renaissance Esmeralda Resort, southern california weddings, wedding season, weddings
Posted in Events, Travel, Weddings | Leave a Comment.
The 2014 BNP Paribas Open was, by all accords, a smashing success. The tournament began with the Saturday, March 1 grand opening of its new Stadium 2 hosting the McEnroe Challenge for Charity presented by Esurance, which raised $80,000 for local charities. The grand opening not only showcased Stadium 2, but also other magnificent elements of the site expansion that include a new entrance off of Washington Street, a 19,000-square-foot shade structure, 400+ new palm trees, additional practice courts, three fine dining restaurants, and free public Wi-Fi.
A packed house on that first night was a sign of things to come as for the eighth straight year, the BNP Paribas Open, the largest ATP World Tour and WTA combined event, broke its attendance record by welcoming 431,527 fans during the two-week tournament.
In addition, the BNP Paribas Open mobile-friendly application, which was introduced this year for iPhone and Android platforms, was downloaded more than 47,500 times and recorded almost eight million screen views over the course of the event.
The tennis tournament also garnered incredible media coverage with more than 350 journalists from around the world attending and reporting about the event.
On the courts, Italian and World No. 21 Flavia Pennetta captured her first BNP Paribas Open title by defeating World No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska, 6-2, 6-1 in the final. On the men’s side, World No. 2 Novak Djokovic captured his third BNP Paribas Open title (2008, 2011, 2014), overcoming Roger Federer, a four-time former BNP Paribas Open champion, 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (3) in the final.
Classic Series packages for the 2015 BNP Paribas Open for Stadium 1, Stadium 2 and Stadium 3 offering the best seat locations and value are already on sale
For more information, please call the Indian Wells Tennis Garden Box Office (760) 200-8000 or visit www.bnpparibasopen.com.
By Jan Maguire
Tags: california, family vacation, Flavia Pennetta, Indian Wells, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Novak Djokovic, Tennis, Travel
Posted in Events, Tennis, Travel | Leave a Comment.
The month of December is abuzz with a dazzling array of holiday events and activities at Indian Wells hotels and resorts. One of our favorites is 12 Days of Esmeralda [link to 12 Days flyer], now in its third year with multiple days of holiday events and activities taking place at the luxurious Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa in Indian Wells. The festivities include everything from carriage rides to carolers and cookie decorating to a holiday cocktail class. Most activities are complimentary and some require reservations. Call (760) 836-1286.
During the 12 Days of Esmeralda, special holiday rates start at $139 during the week and $179 on weekends from December 16-27. Guests receive $50 in resort credit to be used towards spa and dining with a donation of a gift for a child. To make your Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa reservations today, click here now.
Tags: family vacation, Food, Indian Wells, kids traveling, Renaissance, Renaissance Esmeralda, Travel
Posted in Events, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Last fall I ran into an old high school friend who is now a popular Los Angeles-based television actor. He and a group of pals – some of whom had flown in from across the country – were relaxing and enjoying lunch at the IW Club after a spectacular morning of golf on the Indian Wells Golf Resort’s world-renowned courses. And why not? The legendary Indian Wells Golf Resort is the ideal facility for a guys golf getaway and has long been a favorite destination for celebrities, golf tournaments of every size and skill level, and even PGA pros and presidents. And with summer golf course maintenance just about complete, the fairways and greens are lusher than ever. In fact, there’s no time like the present to bond with your buddies, find your perfect swing on the championship Celebrity and Players courses, and take advantage of all the amenities that Indian Wells hotels, resorts and restaurants have to offer. Indian Wells’ four luxurious hotels generally offer special golf packages and rates year-round. Right now, check out Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa’s Stay & Play Unlimited package valid through 12/31/13 and Miramonte Resort & Spa’s “Tee for Two” Unlimited Golf package.
Tags: california, Food, Golf, guys getaway, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, Indian Wells Resort Hotel, Miramonte Resort, palm spring golf resorts, Renaissance Esmeralda, Travel
Posted in Events, Golf, Groups, Travel | Leave a Comment.
Forget Black Friday and the hordes of shoppers – my favorite holiday pastime the day after Thanksgiving is to head to the Miramonte Resort & Spa in Indian Wells. That’s when the Miramonte unveils its amazing Gingerbread Village display built by desert residents and guests during the month of November. It’s also the start of the Miramonte’s annual Desert Holidays program, a five-week long extravaganza celebrating the joyful, playful spirit of the season. Recognized as one of the top destination spas in North America, this intimate Mediterranean-style resort hosts a delightful spectrum of holiday events throughout the season – from holiday cooking classes, chestnut roasting and s’mores toasting under the stars to live entertainment, wine dinners and Grove Artisan Kitchen’s “Holiday Dining Around the World” menus. And be sure to pamper your body and spirit this season at the Miramonte’s enchanting WELL Spa, which features holiday-inspired specialty treatments like Hot Toddy for the Body and the Winter Wonderland Facial!
For the Miramonte Resort and Spa’s Desert Holiday celebration schedule, click here
– Jan Silver Maguire
Tags: california, cooking classes, family vacation, Food, Gingerbread Village, holiday events, Indian Wells, Miramonte Resort, Travel
Posted in Contest, Entertainment, Events, Travel | Leave a Comment.
With Thanksgiving and the winter holiday whirlwind fast approaching, the decision to book an Indian Wells vacation is a no-brainer. This year, why not let yourself off the hook from all the gazillion details that come with planning the holiday celebration? A fun-filled, relaxing Indian Wells getaway is guaranteed to leave you feeling physically and mentally refreshed for 2014. Here are 8 great reasons why you should spend the holidays in Indian Wells!
- Incredible room rates: The Miramonte Resort & Spa is already offering special room rates starting at only $109 per night. Or see the resort’s The More, The Merrier package, which includes dinner for two at Grove Artisan Kitchen and a couple’s massage at the luxurious WELL Spa.
- Wine & Dine: Leave the cooking utensils and roasting pot at home where they belong. Many Indian Wells restaurants serve special holiday dinners for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Check with your knowledgeable hotel concierge
- Spa Delights: The spa sanctuaries at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, Miramonte Resort & Spa, and Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa will transport you to a blissful state of mind.
- Sparkling pools: Heated for your enjoyment, our beautiful pools promise fun for the entire family. At the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, kids will love the 6-foot spiral water slide and wading pool perfect for the little ones.
- Get Your Golf On: At the 36-hole Indian Wells Golf Resort, home of two championship courses, rated by Golfweek among the Best Municipal Courses in the Country.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Botanical Garden: Experience the animal attractions and hiking trails during the day. At night, take part in a cherished yuletide tradition, WildLights!, which is held on select evenings from Thanksgiving to New Years.
- Find Your Sweet Spot: Take a tennis lesson or two at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home of the world-renowned BNP Paribas Open. While you’re there, purchase your tickets or series packages for the 2014 tournament slated for March 3-16.
- Hotel Holiday Celebrations: From roasting chestnuts and s’mores by the fire to carolers, carriage rides and New Year’s Eve bashes, Indian Wells hotels roll out the red carpet for the holidays to ensure a most memorable and festive experience.
Tags: desert holiday, family vacation, Food, Golf, holiday season, holiday traditions, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, indian wells dining, indian wells golf, indian wells golf resort, indian wells restaurants, indian wells spa, Miramonte Resort, palm spring golf resorts, Renaissance Esmeralda, special holiday rates, Travel
Posted in Entertainment, Events, Spa & Wellness, Travel | Leave a Comment.